Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Dragons Don't Share 2

First up is my rendition of the Dragons Don't Share set by Reaper.



For this set I decided to use Game Decor Paints on the baseing and stone. I mounted the piece on a clip board (lol).



From there I simply flocked it using woodlands scenics products.


After that I began painting the dragon. Interestingly enough, the owner of game decor paints approached me with an offer to paint up my dragon in some of his new unreleased paints. I agreed and was very happy I did. The paints are most excellent.

Blocked in colors.





Some details.

 

 After a wash.

Some Highlighting.

A bit more detailing.

And a finished dragon


Next I went back to the ruins to add some additional vegetation. For this I used Army Painter poison ivy and swamp grass tufts.









I think it gave a nice effect to the project. Overall I'm queit happy with the way it turned out. The sculpt from Reaper ( www.reapermini.com ) was great and  the game decor ( http://gamedecor.com/ ) paints are some of the best I've worked with ( and the prices are great!). I encourage everyone to check them out!









No comments:

Post a Comment